YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
CompleteCase provides an online divorce portal to give visitors a general understanding of the law that pertains to divorce and to provide an automated software solution to individuals who choose to prepare their own divorce documents. Customers need not download or even license CompleteCase software. CompleteCase hosts its CompleteCase software as a backend service for customers when they create their own documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered divorce issues. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. CompleteCase is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney. CompleteCase, its Services, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney.
CompleteCase strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, CompleteCase cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or divorce tool like the kind CompleteCase provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the divorce information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, CompleteCase may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with CompleteCase through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of CompleteCase does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and CompleteCase. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through CompleteCase's legal document service.
- I understand that my purchase provides access to the platform and support services for thirty days. After thirty days, access automatically renews monthly and my card will automatically be charged the current rate, as indicated at my time of purchase (rate subject to change). Cancel renewals anytime by visiting My Profile.
- Storage Subscription. If you have purchased the CompleteCase Storage subscription, CompleteCase will electronically store your documents and data for easy data recovery. Customers using CompleteCase Storage are encouraged to keep original copies of their documents in a secure location. Notice that by canceling Storage subscription you give CompleteCase permission to delete all your data from our storage.
- Fees. When you purchase a subscription, you will be charged in accordance with the billing terms in effect at the time of your initial purchase. If you purchase a subscription that is charged in full on purchase, in each renewal period for that subscription, you must pay the total cost of the next subscription period by the first day of that period. For each subscription, your charge remains for each subscription period no matter if you access the services or Site during any subscription term. In other words, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THE SUBSCRIPTION, INCLUDING ACCESSING QUESTIONNAIRES, SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHER BENEFITS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBSCRIPTION FEES UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OR IT IS OTHERWISE TERMINATED.
- Billing. You must provide valid credit card information at the time of purchase to allow payment for the initial membership term of a subscription.
Renewals. For your automatically renewing subscriptions, your subscription will renew at the end of the initial membership term (the “Billing Date”) and at the end of each successive membership term, until you notify us that you want to terminate your subscription under these Terms or your subscription is otherwise terminated. If you do not notify us, your credit card will automatically be charged for the renewal term of your subscription on your Billing Date. If your purchase date is on the 29th through 31st day of any month, your Billing Date for renewals in months with fewer days will fall on the last day of the month. CompleteCase may adjust your Billing Date in subsequent renewal periods without notice. This will be reflected by a charge to your account on a prorated basis according to the number of days that have passed since the Billing Date of your latest renewal charge. Unless CompleteCase otherwise notifies you in advance under these Subscription Terms, the renewal charge will be equal to the original purchase price for the subscription. CompleteCase may obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided.
You must pay CompleteCase the fees associated with your subscription. Additional discounts may be available for members purchasing multiple months up front or as part of certain promotions.
- Notice of Automatic Renewal. We may send a reminder email to your account’s email address of record before your Billing Date. Unless required by law in the state where you reside, CompleteCase is not obligated to provide this notice. You acknowledge that (i) your failure to read, (ii) your inability to receive, or (iii) CompleteCase’s failure to send the email creates no liability for CompleteCase.
- Promotional Trial Memberships. We sometimes offer customers trial memberships, all of which are subject to these Subscription Terms (unless otherwise stated in the offer). For a trial or other promotional membership with no initial charge, you agree we may authorize a charge of up to one dollar ($1) to your method of payment to verify your payment source. AT THE COMPLETION OF A TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL BY CALLING 1.877.282.0944 OR THROUGH MY PROFILE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AUTOMATICALLY AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED TO BEGIN YOUR INITIAL MEMBERSHIP TERM.
Responsibility for Misuse. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any party the benefits granted to you by or any content in your subscription; or (ii) change, reproduce, reverse engineer, make derivative works based on or referring to, or in any way exploit the licenses you have been granted with your subscription, or content or source code in your subscription
You are responsible for all expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through your use of a subscription. You must alert us immediately of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal, or suspicious use of a subscription or subscription benefits, or any other breach of security or unauthorized or illegal activity that you reasonably suspect.
Changes to Subscriptions.
- General Changes. CompleteCase may discontinue the offering of a subscription, including the functionality, content, or availability of any features of subscriptions or Third-Party Services, at any time in its sole discretion. We may also impose limits on features and services or restrict your access to all or part of the subscription. However, you have the right to cancel your membership should we materially decrease benefits. If we add new features to a subscription, the new features will be subject to these Subscription Terms. If you add a product or service to your subscription, CompleteCase has the discretion to charge you a prorated portion of the costs to align your renewal date with your current subscription. CompleteCase will provide you notice before doing so.
- Fee Adjustments. CompleteCase may increase subscription fees by notifying you of new fees at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. The new fees will be effective on the first day of the renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new fees for the renewal term and subsequent renewal terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term). Reductions in fees become effective on the first day of the next renewal term without a pro rata adjustment for the period covered under the prior fee schedule.
- Renewal Term Adjustments. CompleteCase offers subscriptions of various lengths. CompleteCase may increase the renewal term from monthly, quarterly, or otherwise, to quarterly, annually, or otherwise at our discretion by notifying you of the new renewal term at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new renewal term moving forward (unless the renewal term is changed in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term).
- Discontinuation and Replacement of Subscriptions. Should CompleteCase cease to offer your subscription, we can discontinue your subscription, continue to provide it to you, or provision a replacement (similar or comparable product) at the then-current price. Additional fees may be charged for such replacement subscription. CompleteCase will notify you of new fees at least 30 days before they become effective.
- By Subscriber.
You may upgrade or downgrade your subscription to other available options at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at 1.877.282.0944 or by cancelling online at My Profile.
Termination or Cancellation
CompleteCase may terminate your use of all or part of the subscriptions in its sole discretion. As your sole remedy, we will refund to you any prepaid fees specifically related to the current term of that subscription.
Your right to use a subscription is subject to any limits established by CompleteCase or by your credit card issuer. If payment cannot be charged to your credit card or your charge is returned for any reason, including through a chargeback, CompleteCase may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate your access and account, which will terminate these Subscription Terms and our obligations under them. If a charge made to your credit card is declined, CompleteCase may, but is not obligated to, contact you and may make multiple attempts to bill that card over a thirty-day period.
If you wish to reactivate your account after a termination, the new term begins on the reactivation date.
- By Subscriber.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at 1.877.282.0944 or by cancelling online at My Profile. After you have cancelled, your subscription will remain active until the end of then-current period.
- Services After Termination. After your subscription is terminated or your membership term has ended, you will not be able to access the corresponding subscription offerings.
- By CompleteCase.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form and on the divorce questionnaire. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify CompleteCase immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. CompleteCase shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by CompleteCase, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
3. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by CompleteCase. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by CompleteCase or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by CompleteCase, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of CompleteCase’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. CompleteCase does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by CompleteCase. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by CompleteCase.
5. ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT. Attorneys advertised on this site are independent attorneys. See the attorney in your area who's responsible for these advertisements. CompletePrenup is not an "attorney referral service" or a law firm.
- Notice to Alabama customers: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
- Notice to Missouri customers: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
- Notice to New York customers: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
6. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than CompleteCase (each a "Third Party Site"). CompleteCase works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with CompleteCase. CompleteCase may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. CompleteCase is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. CompleteCase makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. CompleteCase is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. CompleteCase is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CompleteCase of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that CompleteCase sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that CompleteCase is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at (877) 282-0944. In the unlikely event that the CompleteCase Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if CompleteCase has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, CompleteCase will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover attorney's fees from CompleteCase to the same extent or more as you would in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
Under certain circumstances (as explained below), CompleteCase will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay your attorney (if any) his or her reasonable attorney's fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount greater than what CompleteCase offered you to settle the dispute.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
(a) CompleteCase and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory;
- claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class;
- and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to "CompleteCase," "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, employers, business partners, shareholders, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, spouses, children, dependents, or others named in divorce documents.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and CompleteCase are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") to the other party. A Notice to CompleteCase should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, CompleteCase, 1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1700, Seattle WA 98101 (the "Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If CompleteCase and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or CompleteCase may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by CompleteCase or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or CompleteCase is entitled.
(c) After CompleteCase receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $75,000. (Currently, the filing fee for consumer-initiated arbitrations is $200, but this is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If you are unable to pay this fee, CompleteCase will pay it directly after receiving a written request at the Notice Address.) The arbitration will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA"), as modified by these Terms, for all claims under $75,000, and the applicable rules as determined by the AAA for all claims of or above $75,000, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of the arbitration provision and the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of paragraph (f) are for the court to decide. Unless CompleteCase and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your contact address. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing. The parties agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither party will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which CompleteCase was a party. Except as otherwise provided for herein, CompleteCase will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse CompleteCase for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at more than $75,000 (excluding attorney’s fees and expenses), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(d) For claims under $75,000, if, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of CompleteCase's last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then CompleteCase will:
- pay you either the amount of the award or $2,000 ("the alternative payment"), whichever is greater;
- and pay your attorney, if any, the amount of attorney's fees, and reimburse any expenses (including expert witness fees and costs), that your attorney reasonably accrues for investigating, preparing, and pursuing your claim in arbitration (the "attorney's payment").
If CompleteCase did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the attorney's fees, respectively, if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the attorney's fees at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits. In assessing whether an award that includes attorney’s fees or expenses is greater than the value of CompleteCase’s last written settlement offer, the arbitrator shall include in his or her calculations only the value of any attorney’s fees or expenses you reasonably incurred in connection with the arbitration proceeding before CompleteCase’s settlement offer.
(e) The right to attorney's fees and expenses discussed in paragraph (d) supplements any right to attorney's fees and expenses you may have under applicable law. Thus, if you would be entitled to a larger amount under applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding you that amount. However, you may not recover duplicative awards of attorney's fees or costs. Although under some laws CompleteCase may have a right to an award of attorney's fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration proceeding, CompleteCase will not seek such an award for claims under $75,000.
(f) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND COMPLETECASE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and CompleteCase agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph's limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(g) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party's notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(h) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
Rights and Responsibilities of CompleteCase.
CompleteCase is not the publisher or author of the User Content. CompleteCase takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, CompleteCase takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If CompleteCase's technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, CompleteCase reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the CompleteCase technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, CompleteCase may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. CompleteCase will attempt to contact the member as soon as feasible.
CompleteCase has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
CompleteCase may post User Content on any of our family of sites and User Content on this site may have been collected from any of our family of sites.
Rights and Responsibilities of CompleteCase Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any CompleteCase service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Please see Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws below;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising). Please see Compliance with Export Restrictions below;
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, invades another's privacy, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation. Please see Inappropriate Content below;
- that includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information;
- that promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities, or promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- that displays nudity or pornographic material of any kind, or material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
- that contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
- do or say anything to injure or cause harm others;
Attorneys that submit User Content and provide advice do so at their own risk.
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant CompleteCase a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of CompleteCase. CompleteCase permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that CompleteCase may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
10. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPLETECASE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
COMPLETECASE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. COMPLETECASE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, COMPLETECASE OFFERS A GUARANTEE, THE TERMS OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE HERE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS OR WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD COMPLETECASE AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF COMPLETECASE HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF COMPLETECASE, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
12. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of CompleteCase Services, CompleteCase does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to CompleteCase through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and CompleteCase's property. By providing such submissions to CompleteCase you hereby assign to CompleteCase, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. CompleteCase shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
13. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing CompleteCase or using the CompleteCase legal document Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your CompleteCase user account.
CompleteCase has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of CompleteCase or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. CompleteCase's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
Notice. CompleteCase has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed the rights of the Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual laws or regulations. The Company's policy is to act expeditiously upon receipt of proper notification of claimed copyright infringement to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want the Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide the Company with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, email address; (5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above written information must be sent to our registered Copyright Agent:
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1700
Seattle, WA 98101
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (1) Your physical or electronic signature; (2) Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and (4) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Seattle, WA, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company's sole discretion.
15. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
16. Metrics. Metrics displayed on this Site may include timeframes, quantities, and other numbers combined from across our family of sites.
17. Standardized State Forms. Many states have standardized forms for divorce and other matters. Unfortunately, many people find completing them difficult. As part of our mission to simplify and provide affordable access to legal protections, we provide an automated process that allows you, our customer, to prepare your own forms more simply. We do not charge you for the form. In fact, sample versions are available to view without charge. We charge for use of our Site, educational resources, and the related materials and services we provide.
18. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
19. User and Authorized Contact Access to Order Information. The Company will give you, or anyone you designate as allowed “spouse access,” information about your order. This may include information about the nature and status of your order, information you provided to process your order, payment information, and contact information. If you want someone to have access to your order, you must provide him or her spouse access or they may not obtain information. You can confirm who is authorized for access to your account, add new authorized contacts, or remove authorized contacts by clicking first on "My Profile", and then on "Spouse Access." You can then designate the individual as having edit or only view access.
20. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
21. Customers Needing Extra Assistance. CompleteCase aims to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of the CompleteCase website, or otherwise have difficulties using the CompleteCase website, please call 1.877.282.0944 and our customer care team will assist you.
23. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, CompleteCase Brand, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
24. Trademarks. CompleteCase Brand, LLC, CompleteCase, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of CompleteCase Brand, LLC. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
25. Inquiries. BY USING COMPLETECASE'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE COMPLETECASE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS TO COMPLETECASE VIA THE COMPLETECASE SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO COMPLETECASE, AND THAT COMPLETECASE MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED OR EMAIL ADDRESS EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
26. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that CompleteCase reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.