Log in
Se habla español

Will I Be Able to Complete a Same Sex Marriage or Divorce in Washington?

Washington has recognized same sex domestic partnerships since 2007 and now recognizes same sex marriages as well. The fact that the state recognizes same sex marriage means that you can get both married and divorced just like any other individual in the state. Therefore, the same process applies.

You Can Dissolve Your Same Sex Marriage in Washington

Like any marriage, same sex marriage can become unsustainable. When this happens it is natural to consider same sex divorce. With online divorce assistance from CompleteCase, you and your spouse can end your same sex marriage in the most efficient way possible. As long as you and your spouse agree on issues of property division and children, you can get a same sex divorce cheap and easy, allowing you both to move on with your lives.

The process of same sex divorce in Washington is identical to that of divorce between different sexes. You answer our questions about your same sex marriage and we help you find the right forms to dissolve your same sex marriage. Fill out these forms and submit them to your county clerk and pay the fee for filing, anywhere between $200 and $260.

If your spouse did not fill out the form with you, you will need to serve him or her with copies of all of your divorce documents using a third party. Once you have signed proof your spouse was served, you can submit it and begin the 90 day waiting period to get a same sex divorce in Washington.

Do you qualify for an online divorce?

Do you know the location of your spouse?
Is your spouse in agreement regarding this divorce and willing to sign the divorce papers with you?
Do you and your spouse have any children under the age of 18 from this marriage?